Music lovers, students and enthusiasts – welcome!
I’m a private oboe and clarinet instructor and a teacher at my core. People tell me I must really love teaching music because my eyes light up when I start to talk about it. That being said, I always wanted to have a central location full of useful information I want my students to know about. There usually isn’t enough time in a 30 minute lesson to cover other helpful topics when one is trying to ensure correct fingerings, embouchure, and other techniques. For that reason, I decided to create this blog. I’m looking forward to covering a wide range of topics regarding practice, concert etiquette, stage fright and more.
I will be uploading posts on a regular basis so please subscribe for new topics and helpful information!
“The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils.” – William Shakespeare
- The Thrill (and the Agony) of Music Lessons… A Parent Perspective (musicatyourhouse.wordpress.com)
- A note of discord (timesleader.com)
- Classical music: Older adults can and should start music lessons – but they must also choose the right teacher and have appropriate expectations. (welltempered.wordpress.com)
- Group music lessons for Homeschool (musicforlittlelearners.wordpress.com)
- Music soothes t… (guitars1965.wordpress.com)